So you can find safe and clear transport routes with Google Maps.
If there is something that produces anxiety and worry, it is circulating in some way without having a precise orientation that indicates the path to follow. However, thanks to Google Maps, an application that gains more users every day thanks to its precision, functionality and performance we can locate ourselves and find the file best routes.
With Google Maps, you’ll know addresses, establishments, routes and see in real time how much traffic there is on a specific route, alerting us of traffic jams and rush hours.
Although Google did not directly create addresses for truck and commercial transport, They are well-known Android apps that can be downloaded and used with Google Maps. Here we will talk about one that will definitely be useful transport goods Quick and safe.
This new Google Maps feature will tell you where you can recycle
Is there a Google Maps for trucks?
There are currently no Google Maps for trucks, so you need to use another one route provider for this type of vehicle; in this case, cargo vehicle drivers use the Google Maps API to access an application that indicates the routes to follow.
A well-known app used by heavy drivers is iGO Primo Truck, which works with GPS providing precise and easy to use routes. For use on Android it must be combined with Google Maps, following the steps below:
- Download the iGO Primo app on your mobile or tablet. With it you can import from Google Maps. Download the files and unzip the folder.
- After running the file on your mobile, go to «Settings> Security».
- Click on «Unknown sources» and the app is already installed.
- Now leave the app in the background while you open the app Google Maps.
- Explore the location you want to go to. Click on the icon «To share» located at the bottom of the screen.
- In the list, select iGo Primo; If you don’t see it, click «More» for other options.
- The iGo Primo app will open, showing you the location on the screen.
- To choose «Navigate to» and later «Path configuration».
- Configure the routes you need to drive your truck.
Chrome is required to install the version or, if not, use the browser’s official page.
How to search for routes on Google Maps?
Google Maps It is a very competent app for traveling inside and outside your country, as it has cartographic maps of over 220 countries, millions of companies and places.
Through a GPS you will get in real time, reliable and updated data on the position of cities, companies, pharmacies, parks, restaurants, shopping centers and other places of interest.
With this app you can reach places you don’t know; for this:
- On your device, open the Google Maps app.
- Type the address in the search engine or click on it on the map.
- Click on «How to get» located in the upper right corner.
- To add stops, press the (+) icon at the top right. Then click «Add stop»; here you can add up to 9 stops.
- Click on «Intelligent».
- If you need to change the order of the stops, drag the destination to where you want it by pressing and holding the button Reorder.
You can also search for other places as you continue the route. And as if that weren’t enough, this handy app will show you:
- Indications and arrows through the Live View function to orient yourself correctly.
- Nearby places of interest found with mini markers. These include restaurants, shopping malls, pharmacies, medical services, outdoor parks, accommodation and other places of interest with their respective opening hours.
- Existing traffic on your route, with better routes that are updated based on traffic, to avoid traffic jams and wasted time.
- Lines for public transport in an unknown city.
- Routes for cyclists and public transport.
- Satellite imagery (with these maps you will use more data than the traditional map).
- Detailed information on the survey.
- Travel time and distance between each route in order to arrive at your destination at the indicated time.
- Offline maps to locate you when you don’t have internet.
- Indoor maps to locate you in big places like stadiums, airports and others.
How to use Google Maps to see the traffic of a route?
To view traffic with a route already created, do the following:
- Open the app Google Maps on your mobile.
- Go to the bottom and click To go.
- Choose a travel option offered by the system. If it’s not showing, scroll to get it and set it.
Here you will find relevant information about your destination such as suggested routes and alternative routes, traffic delays due to accidents or construction work and advice on this how to use the Go tab.
Likewise, you will be able to verify the file traffic on Google Maps from your mobile, tablet or computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the app Google Maps on your Android device, tablet or in your PC browser.
- Click on the layers icon located at the top right of the screen; they will give you two options: Map type and map details.
- On «Map details» To choose «Traffic».
Next, another level will open with real-time traffic information and the streets will have a top line with different colors based on the amount of traffic that exists:
- Green: traffic flow in the area.
- Orange: moderate retention traffic.
- Red: withholdings or blocks due to public works, accidents or heavy traffic.
- Gray or blue lines: indicate your routes.
- Click on the details you want to include: for bus or train lines, press «Public transport»; if you click «Traffic» It will tell you what the traffic flow is on the routes and if you want to see the cycling routes, select «Cycling».
The Google Maps trick for recommending better bars and restaurants
As you will see, there are no apps Google Maps for trucks, but if you can keep yourself with a iGO Primo Truck and even learn how to use the app for trade and transport routes.
We hope this information will be of great help to you if you need to travel and want to find safe and clear routes that allow you to quickly reach your destination. If you liked this article, check if your country has the features enabled to use the app and then check out the best tricks for Google Maps.
Fountain | Support Google Maps, Support Google Maps II
Related Topics: Google, Google, Google Maps applications